Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Outlook 2007 New Install on Vista

I couldn’t use Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS) on my new laptop. I did some googling and ended up finding this solution:

The issue is with new installs of Outlook 2007 and RPC over Https. From other feedback it appears
that this issue does not happen if you upgrade from Office 2003 and you were
using RPC over Https.


1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\RPC
3. If the RPC key does not exisit, Right-click on the Outlook
Key and select New Key and call it RPC.
4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
5. Type DefConnectOpts, and then press ENTER.
6. Right-click DefConnectOpts, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor.
8. Close Outlook and re-open it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hEY I dit that, but message continues. Any clue?

Alex said...

I often use the Inet and I have seen there a lot of helpful and useless things. For example I had a problem with emails and couldn't find the determination of the problem. But today I have just found - cannot view email in outlook. And with the aid of it I solved my old problem quite simply and for free as far as I remembered.