Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Totally Geeky, Totally Cool

This past weekend, I needed to be on the road driving home from visiting my brother in Tampa, but at the same time I needed to launch and check all our streaming on the web (my volunteer was in Ukraine on a mission trip). So I got to do both at the same time. I have a Cingular 8125 with the data plan (wish I had the 8525), and was able to connect via Bluetooth from my computer to the phone and get online. I was able to vpn into the network, launch VNC, start the streams and at least see status, all while driving down the road at 70 mph.

NOTE: I wasn't driving the car...just clarifying for those holding breath waiting for the accident part of the story.

The data connection worked rather well although it was painfully slow. It operate around the speed of 14.4 modem, spiking up to a 28.8 modem at times. The good news is, it worked.

I am due for an upgrade soon, and I can't wait to play with the 8525, or whatever is next... I am waiting for the next windows mobile device to support WM6, and high speed internet.

Here's one for ministry on the run!

0 comments: