Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Exponential 08 Conference

I am at the Exponential 08 Church Planter's conference with 4 other guys from the Church. My home is looking to launch our second multi-site church, and I am here with a team that would be responsible for launch the second multi-site.

Yesterday Andy Stanley gave a great session on establishing and communicating clear vision. This morning I am in a session mostly geared towards more traditional planting, and not so much in the multi-site.

I will say that this is my first ministry (not technology) church conference. I am amazed at how much and many people are productizing (my new word) the works of God. I am not knocking people needing and wanting help in launching new churches, but we must all remember that it isn't our job to get people to church... That is the work and responsibility of the Holy Spirit. It is our job to introduce people to the Truth!

Anyway enough of my ranting about all this. There is a lot of good material here also... Like one of my mentors told me... Eat the meat, spit out the bones!

0 comments: