Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Going 64 Bit Finally

I bit the bullet yesterday.  My laptop was due for its 4-6 month reload.  I have been a pretty die hard Windows XP man for a long time, and have had lackluster success with 32bit Vista.  I took the plunge and loaded Vista 64 Bit Business, and I have to admit... So far I am impressed.  Of course I turned all the GUI CPU sucking pretty stuff off, but so far I am truly impressed.  It is running at least as well as Windows XP did.  I will know more today when I get Visual Studio fired up and start doing some real work on this box.

1 comments:

Shawn Ross said...

Chris,

I'm running 64-bit Vista on my main machine at work, and I can say I'm impressed. The only issues I've had are applications that don't play well with UAC. There's not many, but they do exist. I hope you see as large of an improvement with VS as I did with VMware Workstation (I've got 8GB ram loaded).

Shawn