Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time to Amp up our Streams

We are pretty busy over here right now and the time has come to up our bandwidth again.  I was just about to pull the trigger and bring another 100mbps server online at theplanet.com, when I decided to call them.

We have consistently been burning the 100Mbps on our 1 server and then we have been also been burning a bunch on the church network.

After my call with them today I found out that they can upgrade the 100mbps port to a 1gbps port, and it only cost $35 / month more than we are using now.

Right now they are re-provisioning my server into what they call a "Virtual Rack" that will provide us with a 1gbps server on the Internet.  This keeps my web streaming solution really simple, while still allowing us to grow.

I still have to deal the 2500GB of transfer / month, but I can always up that later!  If you are streaming and need more bandwidth, I don't mind sharing that we are doing all this at theplanet.com for < $250 / month.  It's a full server, full access, and awesome technical support!

0 comments: